Dirt Drivers 117 Active Users
Register Now  |  Log In
Home   Message Boards   Classifieds   Dirt Driver Directory(tm)   Race Results   Rainout Report(tm)
Login  |   Register Now  |   Memberships  |   Links  |   Chat Room  |   Apparel  |   Advertising  |   Suggestion Box  |   About Us

View Advertiser Index
Message Board
I-80 Speedway (NE)
Post a New Response
Return to Message Board Subjects

Subject: Highlights from 7/17/20

Posted byMessage
Ant9000

I-80 Speedway Rep
Posted on 7/18/2020 12:44:59 AM

Jenkins, Saltzman, Sobbing, Andrews, Ramsey, and Vannausdle Beat the Heat at I-80
By Anthony Ainslie
7/17/20
Weekly racing at I-80 Speedway continued Friday as weekend warriors battle it out in the July heat.
Friday was another night of NASCAR weekly racing action at I-80 Speedway. Every class except the super late model division were in action. It was also the last race before the speedway’s Silver Dollar Nationals weekend beginning on July 22nd.
Friday’s modified main event saw Jeff Jones lead the opening five laps of the 18-lap feature before a spin in turn one came out for Justin Gregg while he was running in the top five.
On the lap after the restart, defending modified track champion Ryan Jenkins took the lead as the field came back to the flag stand, and from there, the Omaha driver led the rest of the way and held off Mark Leiting to take the win.
Leiting settled for second while Jacob Hobscheidt, Dylan Sillman and Jesse Sobbing rounded out the top five.
Before Sobbing took fifth in the modified feature, he put on a clinic in the stock car feature leading all 18 laps to secure his third victory in the class in 2020. Scott Carlson and Eric
Rempel took second and third while defending track champion Shane Stutzman and Tim Drake finished out the top five.
The Bragging Rights late model division saw a first-time winner at the end of 18 laps. Omaha driver Brandon Saltzman jumped to the early lead, and after holding off a late-race charge from Jake Bridge, he captured his first ever feature win at I-80 Speedway.
Bridge would have to settle for second while Jacob and Micah Brown and Cole Wayman made up the rest of the top five.
The hobby stock divisions had twin 13-lap features like the week before. Only this time, defending track champion Luke Ramsey pulled off the sweep. He won the first feature after taking the lead from Tom Myers with two laps to go and held on for the win. Myers, Cheyenne Purchase, Brent Ricker, and Lee Kracht rounded out the top five.
In feature number two, Ramsey took the lead from Cheyenne Purchase after Purchase led the first three laps. From there, Ramsey led the rest of the way in a caution-free main event. Purchase had to settle for second while Lee Kracht, Buddy Haidsiak, and Tom Myers rounded out the top five.
In the sport mod feature, defending track champion Shawn Harker took the opening lead in hopes of turning his luck around after starting the season with back to back DNF’s. Harker led until a restart on lap three when Matt Andrews took the lead and never looked back.
Harker would later pull into the pits with eight laps remaining after the transmission gave out resulting in a 14th place finish.
After the final restart with three laps to go, Andrews hit his marks and held off all challengers to score his first feature win of the 2020 season. Kevin Zeitner took second while Kayden Dirks added another podium finish to his career coming in third. Devyn Peterson and Scott Styskal rounded out the top five.
The compact feature was slow to start as a couple of first-lap incidents kept the early pace slow. When racing did get underway, Chris Vannausdle was head of the class. The Villisca, Iowa native led all ten laps and finished with a dominating six second margin of victory over second place Evan Hrabik.
The big story was third place finisher Adam Smith. The Red Oak, Iowa driver won the Guns n Hoses tournament during First Responders Night at the speedway three weeks prior, and in his first official I-80 Speedway feature, came home on the podium.
Jacob Schwab came home in fourth, and after running into the wall on the first lap, Eric Hensley battle back to round out the top five.

Post Your Response View Messages
View dirtdrivers.com Membership Information

To post messages you must be logged in as a member of dirtdrivers.com.

View Copyright Infringement Contact Information

View Advertiser Index

Register
Become a registered user of dirtdrivers.com!
 Register Now!

Dirt Driver Directory
Ever wondered what your favorite driver does for a living? When he or she started racing? What is behind the number on the car? You don't have to wonder anymore!
 View Dirt Driver Directory

Classifieds
Looking for any new or used racing parts? Check out our online classified section to help find the parts you need!
 View Classifieds

Suggestion Box
Have a suggestion for dirtdrivers.com? Send us an email or drop a suggestion into our Suggestion Box! We welcome your ideas!
 Visit Suggestion Box

© Copyright by dirtdrivers.com 2020.
All rights reserved. Reproduction of material appearing on this Web site
is strictly prohibited without written permission.