Dirt Drivers 162 Active Users
Register Now  |  Log In
Home   Message Boards   Classifieds   Dirt Driver Directory(tm)   Race Results   Rainout Report(tm)
Login  |   Register Now  |   Memberships  |   Links  |   Chat Room  |   Apparel  |   Advertising  |   Suggestion Box  |   About Us

View Advertiser Index
Message Board
I-80 Speedway (NE)
Post a New Response
Return to Message Board Subjects

Subject: Highlights from 5/13/22

Posted byMessage
Ant9000

I-80 Speedway Rep
Posted on 5/14/2022 12:58:40 AM

Dover Wins Last Lap Thriller with MSTS. Jenkins and Leiting take Modified Double Features
By Anthony Ainslie
5/13/22

A thrilling second round for the Malvern Bank 360 Sprint Car Series was just one of many action-packed moments during Friday’s racing festivities at I-80 Speedway.
The second round of NASCAR Weekly Racing as on tap at Greenwood, Nebraska’s I-80 Speedway. Friday also featured the second round for the Malvern Bank 360 Sprint Cars, but this time it was a co-sanctioned race with the Midwest Sprint Touring Series (MSTS) The modifieds also had double features along with races from the sport mods, stock cars, ang Bragging Rights late models.
The 20-lap sprint car main event saw Jason Martin take a commanding lead early on. The Lincoln native led the opening six circuits before Ryan Timms tracked down Martin and took the race lead.
Timms looked to run away with the show, but as the race progressed, Jack Dover was able to chase down the teenager from Oklahoma. Dover caught and passed Timms for the race lead as the two came down to the white flag. Dover would go on to score the $2,000 payday on the night. Timms would have to settle for second while Matt Juhl took third. Jake Bubak and Jason Martin made up the top five.
The first of twin 18-lap modified features saw a showing of domination from Jesse Dennis. The former Charlie Clark Memorial Winner from Corning, Iowa led every lap until the very last corner. A radiator hose broke causing fluid to spew out and sent the car into a spin as he was coming for the checkered flag. It was a DNF for Dennis, and he would not make it out for the second feature.
That gave the lead to Ryan Jenkins who took the win on a 1-lap dash to the finish. Jacob Hobscheidt and Dylan Sillman took second and third while Mark Leiting and Clint Homan finished out the top five.
The second feature saw the lead exchange a couple of times in the early laps. Austin Svoboda led the opening three laps before Travis Hatcher took over for the next two.
On a lap six restart, Mark Leiting got around Hatcher for the lead, and from there, the 2014 I-80 Speedway Modified Track Champion ran away with the race picking up his first win at the track for the 2022 season.
Jacob Hobscheidt would again finish second while Ryan Jenkins, Travis Hatcher and Dylan Sillman rounded out the top five.
The sport mods had a thrilling finish to their 18-lap main event. Hayden Johnston showed the way for the first four laps before Tyler Nerud took command of the lead.
Nerud continued to lead until Matt Andrews posed a challenge for the win in the final five laps. The two went back and forth exchanging slide jobs and crossovers. The race went down to the wire, and it was ultimately Nerud hanging on for the win over Andrews.
Tommy Etherton, Brandon Spanjer and Kevin Zeitner finished out the top five.
Friday’s Bragging Rights late model feature saw Kale Kosiski up in front early while Zach Zeitner was right behind him challenging for the lead. On lap five, Zeitner threw the slide job on Kosiski for the lead. The two made contact, and Kosiski back out of the throttle enough to give Zeitner room and not cause an accident.
From that point on, Zeitner led and held off the likes of Jake Bridge and Jacob Brown to secure his first win at I-80 for 2022. Brown and Bridge took second and third while Jimmy Judd and Kosiski rounded out the top five.
The stock car main event saw a great battle for the lead to kick off the race. Tim Drake, Shane Stutzman and Jesse Sobbing started off going three-wide for the lead. Drake led the first two laps before Sobbing took over and never looked back.
Despite a late race caution, Sobbing hit his marks on the restart and ran out the laps to get the win, his first in a stock car for the year at I-80. Stutzman would take second with Brad Derry crossing in third. Tim Drake and Cole Wayman finished out the top five.

Post Your Response View Messages
View dirtdrivers.com Membership Information

To post messages you must be logged in as a member of dirtdrivers.com.

View Copyright Infringement Contact Information

View Advertiser Index

Register
Become a registered user of dirtdrivers.com!
 Register Now!

Dirt Driver Directory
Ever wondered what your favorite driver does for a living? When he or she started racing? What is behind the number on the car? You don't have to wonder anymore!
 View Dirt Driver Directory

Classifieds
Looking for any new or used racing parts? Check out our online classified section to help find the parts you need!
 View Classifieds

Suggestion Box
Have a suggestion for dirtdrivers.com? Send us an email or drop a suggestion into our Suggestion Box! We welcome your ideas!
 Visit Suggestion Box

Muscle Cars

© Copyright by dirtdrivers.com 2022.
All rights reserved. Reproduction of material appearing on this Web site
is strictly prohibited without written permission.